Thursday, April 3, 2008

Uncooking!

This was my kitchen Monday afternoon...bowls of soaking nuts (tee hee) and appliances everywhere. Two hours later I had plenty of yummies for the week. Since starting my "I am gonna go 100% raw" plans, people have been saying that they couldn't possibly spend the time preparing the food. I find that very strange since the time has not been an issue.

On Monday night I managed to make an entire week of meals and snacks in a matter of two hours. This included a chocolate pudding and an awesome chocolate tart for a co-workers birthday. Sure there was quite a bit of chopping, food processing and shredding...but overall it was just about the same amount of labor time as I did when cooking with gas.

I am still honeymooning with the raw food. After a few weeks of about 90% raw foods and now the 100% raw, I am still loving the food. I am still working through my green smoothies and green juices in the morning, but lunch and dinner are rocking my world

No comments: