Wednesday, April 2, 2008

4/1/08 - Day One


This day one of my 30 days of 100% raw food challenge. I have the books and the recipes and all kinds of fun things blended in my fridge. So what did I choose to eat? I had a huge green smoothie for brekkie, and then nothing...I was full. Apparently a 20oz green smoothie can do any girls stomach in for the day. I have mixed my own little trail mix of dried fruits, raw nuts, and some of One Lucky Duck's awesome cinnamon cripies so that is pretty much grazing food every day.
I confess that I am hording the blonde macaroon's that I ordered...heaven help the roommate that tries to steal one! They are better than the fully cooked and fat laden version.
Last thursday in preparation for the big 30 days I dragged my friends down to Grezzo a new raw food restaurant in Boston. I LOVED the food. Big Daddy (my roommate) and I enjoyed the chef's tasting which was just plate after plate of goodness. Well , that is after the soups. From things I have read about raw food, soups can be enjoyed at a low temp. These soups were cold...not fun...I really liked the taste of the carrot soup but I wanted it a little warmed.
Other than the soup debacle we had an awesome meal. The sliders were overall the favorite at the table. I enjoyed my lasagna, which inspired me to make my own for dinners this week.
Not sure the friends loved it quite so much, apparently I was the only one without GI issues after dinner. I am going to eventually get a road trip together to Pure Food and Wine but I don't want to push it quite yet.
So off to walk the pooches...lunches this week will be the Thai Lettuce Wraps in "Raw Food, Real World", dinner is my lovely lasagna (if I am hungry). On the plus this day one is going great so I am looking forward to week one being pretty much the same.
I also can't wait to mix up some saki cocktails this weekend!


No comments: